Gold-plated pieces are quite durable and designed for everyday wear. Wearing 14k and 18k gold-plated jewelry is almost as good as wearing real gold. However, it can still tarnish over time if not properly cared for. Please keep your jewelry away from chemicals such as cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes, sunscreens, and nail polishes. If you use perfume regularly, don't forget to remove your pieces before spraying the perfume on your body.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when taking care of your jewelry:
- Avoid contact with moisture! Do not wear your jewelry while showering and washing your hands.
- Do not use chemical like polishing cloth, or jewelry cleaners to clean your pieces.
- Gently wipe down your gold jewelry with a microfiber cloth every day.
- Store your jewelry in a soft material, such as a jewelry case to avoid scratching the plating.
- When not using your pieces, put them in a plastic bag or jewelry case. Doing that will help keep the jewelry bright and shiny.
Cubic Zirconia stones
Some of our jewelry pieces are made of AAA-rated Cubic Zirconia stone, which is usually more highly polished than A grade stones. Although cubic zirconia looks like diamonds, they are not as hard as diamond, so they need to be cleaned more often and carefully with warm water and dry with a soft, clean cloth.
Remove your jewelry when you’re washing your hands or taking shower. Do not wear it when you’re cleaning dishes or doing laundry.